Monday, October 27, 2008

Uncanny X-men #499

Overall- So, it was (Lady) Mastermind, or one of them anyway, who was behind the fun in San Fran. This was the issue that set up the X-Men's big move to San Fran, thanks to Angel saving the mayor of the city. I don't really get WHY the X-Men are moving out to the West Coast, X-Mansion is as much a part of the team as any member, but here we go anyway...

I was happy with this story, I didn't love it, but it was OK. I liked the battle with Omega Red, but I was always a fan of Red's so I was just glad to see him again. I know that I'm being kind of short with my reviews of these comics, but it's just so hard to get into the X-Universe right now...

I pine for the X-Men I grew up reading about... The outlaw mutants, saving a humanity that hated and feared them. Not the X-Men who allowed Sentinel's to stand guard on their own front lawn... That idea was so ludicrous that I can still barely acknowledge it... ####ing Sentinel's protecting the X-MEN!!!! Insane... Hopefully the upcoming issue's, including #500 can bring some of my interest back to my former favorite comic book. This comic gets a score of 6 out of 10 from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment