Monday, July 20, 2009

Dark Avengers #5

*Sigh*... Well, tonight I plan on reading three BENDIS written Avengers comics... Hopefully I survive the ordeal with minimal brain damage. Here we go.

-This issue basically consisted of Norman Osborn giving a VERRRY long interview in an attempt to discredit Hawkeye's accusations that Osborn is a maniac. Wait, did I say Hawkeye? I meant Ronin... Osborn yammers on and on and on and this issue ends with what appears to be Atlantians attacking Los Angeles.

-Other Developments: The Sentry was acting crazy. AGAIN... Bullseye and Venom aren't getting along. Wait, I mean Hawkeye and Spider-Man aren't getting along. While Venom was possessed he bit Bullseye in the shoulder... Ares has discovered that his son is missing... And finally Marvel Boy(or is it Captain Marvel)and Moonstone(oops, I mean Ms. Marvel)had sex, with Moonstone revealing to Marvel Boy afterwards that the Dark Avengers are actually a team of criminals and psychopaths, because for some reason Noh-Varr couldn't figure that out on his own...

Eh, for a BENDIS penned comic this was OK. I kind of take offence at the way Marvel Boy was portrayed(he's an idiot now?)but at least BENDIS hasn't killed him off... YET... Oh, and according to the DREAD LORD BENDIS, Krees have sex in a much different manner than Terrains. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

I still think this team should be called the Thunderbolts, not the Avengers, but if I'm going to be completely honest, "Dark Avengers" has been 1,000% better than the rubbish BENDIS feeds us in New Avengers. For a score, I'll give this comic a 6 out of 10. If you like dozens of panels of Norman Osborn giving an interview, then this is the comic for you!

2 comments:

  1. Nice review, I bought the first 2 issue of Dark Avengers but wasnt keen on the morgan le faye story so dropped it. I was gonna pick it up again after that ended and it seems it has and I've missed issues 5 & 6 so thanks for posting the detailed reviews, it keeps me up to speed.
    So how do krees have sex then by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I've got to say, I've been surprised by how good this series has turned out. Like you, I wasn't really impressed by issues #1 & 2(#3 wasn't that good either), but things have definitely improved since then.

    Well, I have to admit that I don't know exactly how members of the Kree species fornicate, but I just can't imagine it's all that different from the way Earthlings get busy! I mean, from what I've seen of the Kree, they seem the same as Earthlings anatomically. Then again, maybe Marvel Boy was confused because Moonstone was doing some really freaky stuff in bed!

    ReplyDelete