Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Zatanna #7

Overall: This issue revolves around Zatanna heading to Los Angeles to check out the opening of what will be the Magic Museum. So Zatanna checks out some of the magical stuff in storage(such as a pair of her father's sunglasses)before heading back to her hotel room. It turns out Sargon the Sorcerer's turban held some of Sargon's magical abilities, and the turban combines with several other magical artifacts of clothing(Dr. Fate's boots, Zatara's sunglasses, etc), and the mass of clothing go on a crime stopping rampage. The clothes, led by Sargon's turban, want to stamp out crime Spectre style(in other words, permanently), which puts the collage of clothes at odds with Zatanna. It turns out the the mystical clothing is quite powerful, and give Zatanna more trouble than she expected. However, she notices her father's sunglasses among the angry clothing, and manages to make mental contact with her father's essence, convincing the glasses that Sargon's turban was going too far. Zatara's glasses disrupts Sargon's control over the other items of clothing, ending the threat. This issue ends with Zatanna taking the glasses in order to feel closer to her dead father.

Okay, I know what you're probably thinking... “X, was this comic really about Zatanna fighting possessed clothing?” Yes, it was. But, and trust me, this surprises me even as I type it, I really enjoyed this issue! Yes it had Zatanna fighting old clothes, but it was a fun, old school-esque super-hero romp. Was it kind of dumb, yeah, it was. But was it an incredibly fun read? Most definitely!

Score: 9 out of 10.Yes, Zatanna fought possessed clothing here. *shrugs*

5 comments:

  1. Tisk tisk, for shame!!! Naah it's all good. I see we were on opposite ends of the spectrum with this one. Lol. I just knew for SURE you'd dislike it. Lol. But I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually mentioned this comic to my sister earlier today and she told me she didn't like it either... I guess I was the only one who did enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha lol, your sister is a wonderful person!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA!!! And what does that make me? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, you're one fantastic unpredictable man. :) You're the coolest.

    ReplyDelete