Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hawkeye #10

Sweet, it's time for a Hawkeye comic!  This series has been as good as any series I've been reading, and I look for that to continue here.  Let's get to it!

Hawkeye #10:

Summary: This issue pretty much gives us the origin of the guy who killed Grills.  Some guy named Kazi.  Basically he came from a country where he had lost his family and loved ones to war.  Upon arriving in America he starts killing for money, and discovers he's good at it.  Not only is he good at it, but he enjoys it. He ends up bumping into Kate at a fancy snob shindig, and hits it off with her.  Kate checks in on Hawkeye, and sees that he's still in his moody phase, so she takes off.  While that's going on, Kazi is killing Grills on the roof...  So yep, this issue was a flashback issue, and Kate smooched with Grills killer a few hours before Grills was murdered.

Thoughts: Um, this was...  Odd...  This issue really didn't do anything for me.  Kazi isn't interesting ti me in the least, which made this issue kind of a waste of time.  I mean this issue ended the exact same way, in the exact moment in time as the last issue!  Bah.  But hey, one subpar issue doesn't ruin this series for me.  I'm sure things will get back on track next issue.

Score: 5 1/2 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. Whew. I had totally the same reaction, so I'm glad I wasn't alone. I'm willing to wait to see where Fraction goes with it, because both Clint and Kate's guilt spiral might be interesting to watch.

    ReplyDelete